What an incredible opportunity to kick off 2013 by receiving a nomination as Best Newcomer Blog in The Bloscars 2013, The Skyscanner Travel Blog Awards.
I have been blogging for six (6) months and I am simply awed by the feedback of the public and being recognized by some institutions or groups . The recent was top notching the Filipino Bloggers Worldwide (FBW) Top Travel Blog for 2012 held last December 2012.
Being nominated alone is already an overwhelming honor as there are hundreds or thousands of travel bloggers out there who are unique in their own writing and storytelling techniques.
I am appealing to my avid readers and followers to support me in this quest.
How to Vote, Easy Step 1,2,3!
Step 1. Click on this link-----> Blogscars 2013
Sterp 2. Now on that page, scroll down on the drop down box pointed by the arrow and choose your favorite blog that you think deserve you vote:
- Type in your email address,
- Tick the box for the " I have read and agree to the rules",
- Type in your name and
- Don't forget to click SUBMIT.
Thank you for your support !
About Bloscars 2013:
The Bloscars 2013 are theSkyscannerTravel Blog Awards where Skyscanner recognises the excellent work of travel bloggers on informing and inspiring travellers by sharing their adventures and travel experiences.
The Skyscanner Travel Blog Awards consist of three stages:
- The Skyscanner international team nominates 5 bloggers for each of the categories in each country.
- Popular Voting: A shortlist of 5 blogs will be chosen by public vote, one blog per category in each country. The shortlist will comprise the 5 blogs receiving the largest number of public votes by the closing date. Votes are limited to one vote per blog and readers can also nominate a blog that Skyscanner has not already nominated by using the “User´s choice category”.
- The winners from each category will compete against the winners of the other participating countries in the international final, where the Skyscannerinternational judging panel will choose the final winners.
The opening and closing dates of the award are:
- Nominees are announced on the 17th of January 2013 and voting opens
- Voting for winners of each categories closes on the 18th of February 2013
- Country winners of each categories are announced on the 22nd of February 2013
- Final international winners are announced on the 1st of March 2013
The Bloscarawards will cover the following categories:
Best female travel blogger: This category is dedicated to female bloggers who have proved to have excellent travel writing skills.
Best male travel blogger: This category is dedicated to the male bloggers who have proved to have excellent travel writing skills.
Best travel photography blog: This category is dedicated to those travel bloggers who capture the best moments of their travels with their cameras and delight us with outstanding images.
Best newcomer travel blog:This category is dedicated to the new travel blogs which have been around for a year or less but have proven to be excellent travel writers.
User´s choice blog:This will be the only category where Skyscanner readers can nominate a blog (that has not been already nominated by Skyscanner).
· Winners per category will be awarded a Kindle Fire
· Readers who vote for their favourite blogs will enter a prize draw for a Kindle Fire
· Final international winners will be awarded with €600 (est. Php30,000) worth of flight tickets
One international winner per category will be chosen by The Skyscanner International Judging panel.This panel is composed by talented international members with linguistic and cultural expertise,a good understanding of the blogging industry and expertise in design and photography.
The winners will be the blogs which in the panel´s opinion represent the best in the category. The factors below will be used as guidelines to make their decisions and evaluate who deserves to be the winner of each of the category. Depending on the category some factors will carry more weight than others.
These are the factors in which our judges will base their decisions:
- - Quality and creativity of content
- - Design
- - User engagement
- - Good use of images/videos/graphics
- - Regularly updated
- - Usability of the site
As well as the above, there will be specific criteria for photography blogs due to their nature and technicality:
- - Composition
- - Creativity
- - Technical quality
- - Style
- Overall quality of photography